Exam Information Summer 2019
On this page you will find information relating to trial and end of year exam windows, and dates for official summer 2019 exams for students in years 11-13. Please note that in some subjects additional assessments may take place throughout the academic year – students will be informed of these dates by subject teachers. Occasionally exam boards change their published exam dates – all information is accurate as of October 2018 and we will clearly mark any significant date changes as and when they occur. Please also refer to the Year 11 timetable for any GCSE exams that are being re-sat.
- Year 13 summer 2019 exam dates – subject by subject Download
- Year 13 summer 2019 exam dates – week by week Download
- Year 12 summer 2019 exam dates – subject by subject Download
- Year 12 summer 2019 exam dates – week by week Download
- Year 11 summer 2019 exam dates – subject by subject Download
- Year 11 summer 2019 exam dates – week by week Download
Working with your daughter/son, please use official exam dates to start to think about how they will plan for, and manage, their revision as they prepare for their exams. Student specific timetables, including specific exam start times, exam room and seating information will be issued at the end of April 2019.
At the end of September, we were informed by the Joint Council of Qualifications (JCQ) that for this academic year Wednesday 26th June 2019 has been designated by the Exam Boards as a ‘contingency day’ for examinations.
This is new for summer 2019 and we have been provided with only limited information from the JCQ about how or when this day may be used:
‘The designation of a ‘contingency day’ within the common examination timetable is in the event of national or local disruption to examinations. It is part of the awarding bodies’ standard contingency planning for examinations.
Centres must therefore remind candidates that they must remain available until Wednesday 26 June 2019 should an awarding body need to invoke its contingency plan.’
As a school, we hope that the use of the contingency day will not be necessary. However, we feel duty bound to pass on the JCQ information and request that students be available on 26 June, in case it is required.
Please note that in addition to the official exams, the school will also be running the following internal trial and end of year exam windows. Timetables for these exams will be issued to students 3-4 weeks before the exams are due to commence.
Year 13, and Year 12 students taking official AS exams in summer 2019: Monday 7th – Friday 11th January 2019
Year 11: Thursday 14th & Friday 15th February, and Monday 25th February – Friday 1st March 2019
Year 12: Monday 17th June 2019 – Friday 21st June 2019
The JCQ also wish to draw your attention to the information and guidance sheets below, which relate to examinations and assessments during 2018-2019
- Information for candidates – coursework Download
- Information for candidates – non-examination assessments Download
- Information for candidates – on-screen tests Download
- Information for candidates – Privacy Notice Download
- Information for candidates – social media Download
- Information for candidates – written exams Donwload