Whitley Bay High School is a unique community where young people thrive. Our mission is to provide opportunities that enable every student to have aspirations, vision and great pride in their achievements and learning.
Our purpose is to prepare our students for life in the 21st Century
- In doing so they will become committed, curious, happy learners,
- Flexible in their thinking,
- Independent in their learning,
- Effective in their communication skills,
- Inspired to become life long learners.
Our intent is to actively promote 'continuing' learning throughout the whole school community, in which:
- High self esteem is developed by recognising success,
- Change is welcomed,
- All demonstrate the conviction that the school is infinitely improvable,
- All demonstrate the view that optimism can be taught and positive thinking is a virtue,
- The role of parents in developing learning is explicit, recognised and valued,
- Technology is used to develop borderless thinking and to transcend the boundaries of time, place and subject content.
That as a School Community:
- We will create a safe inclusive environment,
- We will develop a passion for learning rather than an acquisition of knowledge,
- We will develop the desire and aptitude to be inquiring, willing to test and hypothesise, and to take risks,
- We will become creative problem solvers and effective decision makers,
- We will develop high levels of communication skills.
WE WILL ACHIEVE THIS BY
Defining our role as:
- Inspiring students with curiosity by our example,
- Developing in our students the capacity to ask questions rather than providing them with answers,
- Recognising and celebrating the achievement of all students,
- Identifying and maximising the full potential of all students.
*Steve Wilson Headteacher