16-19 Bursary Scheme
You could get a bursary to help with education-related costs if you’re aged 16 to 19. A bursary is money that you, or your education or training provider, can use to pay for things like books, clothing and equipment for your course, transport and lunches - all to support and help you with your studies.
What is the bursary scheme?
The scheme helps students aged 16-19 - who are in greatest need - meet the costs of post-16 education and training.
If you start Year 12, 13 or 14 at a North Tyneside school in September, you could be eligible.
You will qualify for up to £1,200 per year in funding if you are:
- in care
- a care leaver
- a student in receipt of income support
- a student with learning difficulties or disabilities in receipt of both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance
Discretionary Bursary amount varies depending on individual circumstances. Typically, for access to a Discretionary Bursary, we would ask for some evidence of need, which can include the examples below:
- eligible for Free School Meals
- a family in receipt of Working Tax Credit
- families with low household income
You can apply via an application form from the Sixth Form office or by following the link below.
You may be entitled to £1200 per year to help fund the cost of your Sixth Form study.
Follow the link below to find out more: