Students are encouraged to stay on site during lunch to participate in a variety of clubs. They also have the opportunity to go out into the community
Our lunchtime offer includes:
- Freshly prepared daily chef’s choice meal with a choice of fresh fruit or yoghurt.
- Deli sandwich bar offering sandwiches and salad boxes made to order
- Pasta station with a range of pasta sauces
- A range of homemade biscuits and cakes
- Fresh fruit pots and a range of cold drinks
- A range of "non plastic" drinks
The school meal price is £2.60 from September 2023.
Morning break: 11.10 – 11.25 (Wednesday 11.15-11.30)
Serving hot and cold snacks, sandwiches and deli bar open.
Lunch service: 12.25 – 1.15
6th Form Café: 9.00 – 1.30
Hot and cold snacks served throughout the day. Deli-bar and pasta king are also available.
Your chef will produce a daily menu offering a choice of traditional, international and vegetarian dishes.
The cost of a two course school lunch is great value for money at only £2.40. The menu also offers a selection of sandwiches, salads, jacket potatoes, chilled drinks, cakes, biscuits and fruit.
A school meals newsletter, the general menu, and menu for the first 3 weeks is available to download below.
Payment of School Lunch
Catering Services operate an online cashless system, ParentPay, for the payment of school meals. The system ensures all students are able to pay for school meals safely without the risks associated with handling cash and without the need to use biometric data. Cash is no longer taken at school and in addition to ParentPay, contactless card payments can be made at the till by students.
All bank debit cards accepted along with prepayment cards; Go Henry; Rooster Money; Capital One Money Teen; Pockit; Osper
All parents should set up a ParentPay account in order to monitor meals purchased by your child, as all students will be served a meal if they come to the counter, regardless if they have credit on their account and this will be recorded as a sale on their ParentPay account. To set up a ParentPay account, you require an activation user name and password which can be sent by email or letter to you. Students also require a QR code or pin number to pay for meals at the till and this can be requested by email.
To request activation details or a QR code please email email@example.com with your child's name and school.
Students who are entitled to free school meals will always remain anonymous as all students accounts are accessed the same way. Your child's account is credited with £2.40 per day when they are in school. Additional purchases or over spends on £2.40 need to be paid for by the student or parent, using your ParentPay account or making a card payment in school at time of purchase.
TILL APP AT WHITLEY BAY High School
Till App is an app available to students and parents that hosts ParentPay. Once downloaded, Till App will allow you and your child to see your current balance, top up, view purchases and use QR code at the till. Parents will be sent a unique registration code to activate Till App.
Managing your ParentPay Account - Automatic top-up payments with ParentPay
Auto top up assists parents and carers in ensuring their child's school meal balance is always in credit. It does so by allowing you to set a minimum balance which, when breached automatically credits your child's meal balance by a fixed amount using a balance transfer payment. In order to use auto top-up, you are required to set up the bank transfer facility on your ParentPay account. As soon as this is authorised and completed by your bank, you will be able to use the auto top-up facility.
- For more information visit www.parentpay.com/bank-transfer-and-auto-top-up/
- Register and pay for school meals online at www.parentpay.com
- For FAQ's and more information www.parentpay.com/parents/
Here are some helpful video's to help you with ParentPay
- How to activate your ParentPay account? https://parentpay.wistia.com/medias/knza87f1wm
- How to add a child to an existing ParentPay account? https://parentpay.wistia.com/medias/i256ib6jp0
- How to make a payment by credit or debit card? https://parentpay.wistia.com/medias/ae1fqykk8d
- How to set up a bank transfer and make a payment? https://parentpay.wistia.com/medias/2b3xg3890m
- How to top up the parent account balance and make a payment? https://parentpay.wistia.com/medias/6gv94ydrbj
- How to set up alerts and send messages? https://parentpay.wistia.com/medias/6a217ihl3g
- How to view the transaction history? https://parentpay.wistia.com/medias/kst5q557ok
You may be eligible for free school meals.
To complete an application over the phone please call 0191 643 2288.
To complete an application online, follow the link below.